How to File

Please click the link below to view our information session on how to file your room tax.


If you would like to look at the paper version of the instructions, they can be found below.

How To File Your Room Tax 2024


If you use marketplace websites like Airbnb or VRBO, make sure you list your permit number on your page. This will allow the Tourism Zone to identify your property and verify that your are permitted.

If you are renting your property, make sure you have received your DATCP license through the State of Wisconsin. If you have not completed your inspection, click the link below to get started.

DATCP Home Tourist Rooming Houses (

If you need to contact the Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection about your rental, please contact them at:

Licensing Specialist

Phone: (608) 224-4923
Email: [email protected]

Looking for a brief introduction to room tax in Door County? Watch our explainer video below: