Home : Tourism Works for Us > How can you support tourism

TOURISM WORKS FOR US: What can you do to support tourism in Door County?

Be a tourism industry champion!  If you are a property owner and are considering renting your property as a lodging facility (or already are) get permitted for transient rentals and collect and remit room tax.  Room tax revenues allow Door County to have a presence amongst travelers who have many options when it comes to selecting a vacation destination.  Despite its proven return and the support of all nineteen Door County municiplaities, some property owners underestimate Destination Marketing and rent their properties illegally.  That’s why it is up to all of us to communicate tourism’s value in order to elevate room tax recognition, respect and support.  We have an oppurtunity to come together as champions of the tourism industry to ensure that tourism continues to thrive. Tell your friends, neighbors and vistors that value that room tax has in promoting Door County as a destination.  Encourage them to do their part in supporting Door County’s leading economic driver: Tourism.

Need a permit application to start the process to permit your property? click here.