Home : Forms > City of Sturgeon Bay TRO

City of Sturgeon Bay Tourist Rooming House Ordinance

March 11, 2016

During the last several months, City of Sturgeon Bay staff has been thoroughly researching and preparing to present a well rounded tourist rooming house ordinance for the City of Sturgeon Bay. After discussion with various communities, the State of Wisconsin, and garnering public feedback, the City of Sturgeon Bay was able to present the City Plan Commission and the Common Council with a tourist rooming house ordinance.

As of the February 16th, 2016 Common Council meeting, the tourist rooming house ordinance passed and is now part of the City's Zoning Code.  Those who rent transiently within the City of Sturgeon Bay will need a permit from both the Door County Tourism Zone Commission and the City of Sturgeon Bay.

Below is the permit, ordinance and FAQ's regarding the City of Sturgeon Bay's TRH ordinance.  If you have further questions regarding the ordinance please contact   Ryan Kernosky,City Planner/Zoning Administrator of the City of Sturgeon Bay 920.746.2010 or rkernosky@sturgeonbaywi.org. 

City of Sturgeon Bay Tourist Room House Permit Application

City of Sturgeon Bay Ordinance No. 1315-0316 TRH Ordinance

City of Sturgeon Bay TRH FAQ's